Post Op ZOOM Whitening Instructions
CONGRATULATIONS on completing the Zoom Whitening process!
Now that your teeth are significantly whiter, there are a few guidelines to help maintain the look of your new smile. The teeth have a protective laver called the protein pellicle. This layer contains the surface dental stains and is removed during Zoom treatments. It takes twelve to twenty four hours for the barrier to fully develop again.
Also, during this period, we ask you to avoid certain staining foods and products. Here is a list of what you CAN and CAN NOT eat or drink after the procedure. You do not want eat any food with color (anything that would stain a white shirt) for 24-48 hours after the procedure.
YOU CAN EAT
- Drink: milk, water, clear soda
- Fruits: bananas, apple (no peel)
- White bread or flour tortillas
- Plain yogurts, white cheese, sour cream
- Cottage cheese, white rice, baked potato
- Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey or skinless breast
YOU CAN NOT EAT
- Red wine, dark cola’s, coffee, tea
- Grapes or any fruit with color
- Mustard or Ketchup
- Red sauces
- Soy sauce or steak sauce
- No smoking and No lipstick
- Red meat (steak or hamburger)
You may experience some tooth sensitivity during this period. To prevent this, take 600mg of Ibuprofen (3 tabs of regular Advil or Motrin) every 4 hours for 24 hours. Also, we recommend that you brush your teeth with sensitive toothpaste such as Sensodyne for the next few weeks to help reduce the sensitivity. The teeth will get back to normal soon.
Please feel free to call us should you have any questions or concerns.
Inspiration Dental (813) 638-0313